Lin Liu will defend her dissertation, entitled “Large-Scan-Range Electrothermal MEMS Micromirrors and Microlenses and Their Biomedical Imaging Applications" at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 9th in NEB 589. All are invited to attend. Refreshments will be provided.
Biophotonics and Microsystems Lab
Jiping Li will defend his dissertation proposal, titled "Wafer-level fabrication of power inductors in silicon for compact DC-DC converters" at 1:00pm on Tuesady, January 15th, in LAR 234. Refreshment and drink will be provided.
Lin Liu will defend her dissertation proposal, entitled "Large-Scan-Range Electrothermal MEMS Micromirrors and Microlenses and Their Biomedical Imaging Applications" at 3:00pm on Wednesday, October 3rd in NEB 589. Refreshments will be provided.
IMG will be well-represented at the upcoming Hilton Head Workshop in June. This workshop is the preeminent microsystems meeting in North America, with an acceptance rate of only 46%. Congratulations to the following authors:
- J. Meloy, J. Sells, V. Chandrasekharan, J. Griffin, L.N. Cattafesta, D.P. Arnold, and M. Sheplak, “Experimental Verification of a Capacitive Shear Stress Sensor for Low-Speed Wind Tunnel Applications” (Poster)
- C.D. Meyer, S.S. Bedair, B.C. Morgan, D.P. Arnold "Ultra-miniaturized power converter modules using micromachined copper scaffolds" (Oral)
- S. R. Samuelson, and H. Xie, “A Large Piston Displacement MEMS Mirror With Electrothermal Ladder Actuator Arrays for Fourier Transform Spectroscopy Applications” (Poster)
- V. Tseng, and H. Xie, “A Novel High-Density Capacitor Design and Its Fabrication Technique Based On Selective Etching" (Poster)
- J.C. Zito, R.J. Durscher, J. Soni, S. Roy, and D. P. Arnold "Mechano-fluidic characterization of microscale dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuators" (Oral)
Sean Samuelson will defend his dissertation proposal, entitled "MEMS Electrothermal Actuators in Guided and Unguided Fourier Transform Spectroscopy Systems" at 11:00am on Thursday, April 26th in NEB 501.
Jingjing Sun will defend her dissertation, entitled "MEMS based OCT imaging" at 1:00PM on Wednesday, April 4th in NEB 589.
Hongzhi Sun will defend his dissertation, entitled "Sensing and Control Electronics Design for Capacitive CMOS-MEMS inertial sensors" at 9:00am on Monday, November
21st in Larson 234. Refreshments will be available from 8:45am.
Sagnik Pal will defend his dissertation, entitled "Modeling and Reliability of Electrothermal Micromirrors," at 10am on Tuesday, July 12th in Larson 234. The abstract is available at http://sagnik.yolasite.com/phdabstract.php. Refreshments will be available from 9:45am.
Dr. Huikai Xie was recently promoted to the rank of Full Professor, an important milestone in faculty careers. Congratulations, Dr. Xie!
On Friday, March 25th, some IMG undergraduates will present their work at the Undergraduate Research Symposium in the Reitz Grand Ballroom. Two poster sessions are scheduled for 9-11am and 3-5pm, with oral presentations 1-3pm. The presentation schedule is attached; please come out and show your support for the IMG undergraduates!